26/02/2015 at 10:00
Twilio, founded in 2008, is privately-held company that has over 300 employees with offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, New York City, London and Tallinn. The goal for the company is to make communication easy and powerful. With Twilio’s platform, businesses can make communications more relevant and contextual by integrating voice, messaging, and WebRTC capabilities directly into their software applications. We are re-inventing the $1.6 trillion communications market, taking it from its 150-year legacy in hardware to its future in software.
Our platform has more than 450,000 registered developers and is used in more than one million unique software applications. Industry disruptors like Uber, AirBnB, Trulia, Box and Zendesk and enterprises like Coca Cola Enterprises, Walmart, Home Depot, Intuit and Alaska Airlines trust Twilio to power and innovate their communications at global scale.
About Internship program
- We are looking for 2 university students in computer science/software engineering for summer internship program.
- The program will take place in our Tallinn office. The duration of the program is 2 months, starting in June and ending in August.
- As an intern, you will take part in development, rollout and maintenance in production of globally distributed, resilient and highly-available services for the Twilio platform.
- You will be guided through internship by a seasoned engineer, and will receive evaluation of your performance and a letter of recommendation at the end.
- You will work within a Lean and Agile software engineering team, gaining first hand experience working in a modern development environment.
- The internship is paid. If you’re not from Tallinn - will will help with accommodation too.
Requirements for application
- You are a University or College student in Baltic region.
- You have an ambition to become world class software engineer.
- You love programming and can prove it. Being a competitive coder (olympiads, ACM, topcoder etc) is a plus. Having professional experience with software development is another plus.
- You have some understanding of *nix systems.
- You have a basic level of C++, Java or C#.
- You are a fast learner and have a story or two to support that.
- You can speak English and feel comfortable in an international and multicultural environment.
What do you need to apply
- Familiarize yourself with Twilio platform at Twilio.com. Create a demo app using Twilio platform. Be creative! There’s a 30 USD free usage limit with Twilio, should be enough to try things out and develop your app.
- Prepare CV capturing your academic achievements and professional experience if any.
- Submit email application to Internship2015EE@twilio.com containing
- Your name, surname and name of your school.
- One paragraph describing your interest in the internship program.
- Your CV.
- Link to your demo app. Link to the description of your app. Your Twilio account id.
A decent CV and convincing demo gets you an interview. An interview on site decides the outcome of your application.
- April 17th - application submission deadline.
- April 24th - expect an answer to your application before this date.
- April 24th - May, 15th - interviews.
- May 19th - expect final answer to your application.
- (tentatively) June, 15th - internship starts.
More details March 4 at ICT-315 at 1:30 PM