21/10/2014 at 16:57
In today’s competitive global economy, international experience is a valuable addition to any resume. Whether you are pursuing a career in financial services, IT, education, or information and media, you will have the opportunity to broaden your perspective on how to conduct business in the U.S., work closely with a mentor, and network.
The BAFF Professional Internship Program scholarship is all-inclusive, and scholarship recipients receive up to $30,000 for six-month or yearlong internships in the U.S. Live and work in places as diverse as New York City, Washington D.C., Chicago, or San Diego!
The scholarship includes:
- Internship placement at an exciting U.S. company
- Round-trip airfare
- Travel health insurance
- U.S. Visa
- BAFF Orientation
- BAFF Enrichment Trip
- Monthly stipend that covers:
- Transportation to and from work
- Extra pocket money
- 24/7 Emergency Line
- Personalized support
- No fees whatsoever
Build your resume, experience a new culture, and broaden your perspective on how to conduct business in the U.S. The BAFF Professional Internship Program allows you to create your own career-defining success through hands-on learning at a U.S. company.
BAFF works with you individually. Once accepted, you’ll work one-on-one with a professional who will secure an internship in your field.
Applicants to the Professional Internship Program must:
- Hold a passport from Lithuania, Latvia, or Estonia
- Have written and oral English language proficiency sufficient to function in a business setting
- Be enrolled at an accredited post-secondary university and be in the final year (academic program/course of study must be at least three years in duration and result in some form of degreesuch as a bachelor’s)
- OR have graduated within six months of the application deadline
- OR be enrolled on a full-time basis at an accredited postgraduate university (for example, a master’s or Ph.D. program)
- Not have immediate family members that are BAFF employees, BAFF Advisory Board or Board members
- Agree to return to your home country for a minimum of two years, immediately postscholarship
Applicants will be selected based on, but not limited to, the following criteria:
- Potential future contribution to home country
- Matching professional objectives to the values and mission of BAFF
- Ability to serve as a cultural ambassador to the U.S.
- Demonstrate leadership and self-motivation
|October 30||Application Deadline*|
|December 20||Decision Notification|
|April 1 - July 1||
|April 5||Application Deadline*|
|June 1||Decision Notification|
|October 1 - January 1||Internships Begin|
Source for more information: BAFF´s homepage